Thursday, January 14, 2010

Does a perm permanently alter the texture of your hair?

I'm thinking about asking my hair stylist to give me a loose perm. What will one of these look like, exactly? And does a perm alter your hair texture forever? Thanks!Does a perm permanently alter the texture of your hair?
thats why they call it a perm. its forever, like a tatooDoes a perm permanently alter the texture of your hair?
Yes. Perms are perm-anent. And they do alter the texture of your hair, but not really toward the frizzy side. It softens.
Yes, but it doesn't effect the hair that has not grown yet.
It's temporary, actually - as soon as your hair grows out, it's going to steadily gain back its normal texture.





Your hair will have soft curls if you have a loose perm.





Short of laser-ing it off, just about anything you do to the hair on your head is temporary.
anything chemical alters your body.
A perm will stay in your hair till you grow it out. It is basically like dying your hair. Officially, it is supposed to stay in till you grow it out, but that might differ between hair type. I once had a perm, but since my hair is so thick and heavy, it sort of straightened out again. As for the look, you can get different styles. If you find that it looks terrible, don't worry, as I said, it won't last forever. Just grow it out and start over.
I used to get a lot of perms. I don't think so. It's been years since I last had a perm. I've read and have experienced my hair changing textures over the years. I do color my hair professionally 3 or 4 times a year.





Talk to your hair stylist and see what her suggestions are. I would also look at hair books and magazines so you can have an example of what you are going after keeping in mind the kind of hair you have. Why do you want to perm your hair? You should tell your hair stylist your reason so she give you the best advice she can. I wish I had known this when I went for my first perm.





A friend of mine has very straight hair and perms would never last for her. She had to resort to using a curling iron. It would only last a day. She has beautiful hair.





If you are looking for more body or more waves - have you tried adding in some layers?





My hair is kind of straight but when I add layers - I get nice waves and a lot more body. That's why I stopped perming.
ye


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Av9UHdxep0Fxp9qQqVYro7Lsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20091217082809AAZF0h6 answer dis question ppl nd i will add u as a fan
  • cure acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment