Monday, January 4, 2010

How do I turn my kinks into curls without chemically altering my natural hair?

Hi,


I am of African and Native American descent. I have different hair textures: 3c in the front and sides of my head, and 4a and 4b in the top and back of my head? What are some products that I can use to make my hair feel softer and manegeable?





ThanksHow do I turn my kinks into curls without chemically altering my natural hair?
Make sure you condition a lot and also use a leave in conditioner or detangler. For styling you can use the shingling technique with hair mayonnaise or a thick curl pudding. The product weighs your hair down and stretches it turning your kinks to curls....you can also use the product to do two strand twists and sleep in a satin night cap...take the twists out in the morning. Your hair will feel soft, manageable and the style will last for about a week.How do I turn my kinks into curls without chemically altering my natural hair?
Sorry to say there is nothing that you can do to change the texture of your hair without chemicals.





You can try setting it on rollers, but you need to be very sure to get the hair around the roller very smoothly and evenly, especially the ends. And you need to get it completely dry before brushing out. That will temporarily change the structure of the hair, until it gets moisture in it again. At least, it will keep your hair under control for a short time.





To have something more permanent, you will have to chemically restructure you hair. It's not the complete answer, for you will still need to set it, but it will be easier to do.





Your alternative is to find a style that will work with YOUR hair the way it is now, and that you can maintain easily. That will take some work, but is worth it. Consult with a professionally trained hair stylist that works with African-American hair who understands what can be done with it. They may also have some new ideas for you to try out.





In the meantime, you want very healthy hair. Be sure you are well physically, and that you use good products. You want moisture in your hair, not oil, and then good styling products to keep it under control. Ask at the professional shop.
what you could do is this, grease your hair heavily and put it in plaits, NOT CORNROWS, all over your head, leave it like this for a few weeks or a month, and dont wash it. The take it out and you'll have pretty waves.
Hi, so am I, i press it with a flat iron. I don't use any chemicals becuase my hair is too fine for them, and they just flatten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment