Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why do I have wiry hair? Is it genetics? Can medication alter hair?

I'm asian and I have black hair and I've never colored it before. When I was younger, I had straight hair. Now, I have wiry hair. Is it genetics? My mom has it too. Or can it be the fact that I took acne pills, accutane that caused drying in my body to cause wiry hair? I';ve been off the medication for 3 months though. Please let me know. Thanks!Why do I have wiry hair? Is it genetics? Can medication alter hair?
It's genetics, and obviously, if your mother has it, you didn't get it from acne pills.





Curly hair is dominant, but I have noticed that hair isn't finally determined until you have finished growing up. The shape of the follicle (out of which each hair grows) seems to change slightly. When the shape is round, the hair comes out straight. When it is more oval or flattened, the hair is curly. It is quite like a noodle or pasta maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment